What are Spring Colours?While there’s no official colour guide for the months of March to June, spring is often associated with light pastels. According to Vogue, the top colour trends for this season are:
- Rapture Rose
- Sky Blue
- Light Green
- Milk White
Start with Small DetailsIf you’re looking to jazz your décor up a notch without going overboard, this section is for you! Making subtle and simple changes goes a long way, especially when it comes to home décor. Here are a few ways you can make changes around your home or office space to show your excitement for spring:
- Replace Photo Frames: Have photo frames hung up around your house? This is an easy change that will bring more colour into any room. Finding new photo frames at an affordable cost can definitely be done! We recommend searching through your local thrift store or the sale section of a home décor shop. You can also consider DIY-ing new photo frames with supplies from a craft store. The bonus of making frames yourself is that you can incorporate specific patterns or seasonal art, such as flowers.
- Swap Decorative Pillows: If your bedroom or couch has a few decorative pillows, store them away for the season. If you’re able to remove just the pillowcase, that’s a bonus. Finding themed pillows may seem overwhelming with the number of options, but if you’re searching online you can enter the exact colour theme or print that you’re looking for.
- Pick Out Fresh Flowers: A task as easy as picking up a bouquet of peonies on the way home might not seem like it will make much of a difference. We can assure you that small details always play a vital role in the overall appearance of a space. If you’re concerned with having to water and maintain real flowers, you can always visit a home décor or craft store to pick up fake ones. Find an inexpensive vase, or even a mason jar, and add in your flowers to bring a breath of fresh air into any room.
- Add Coffee Table Essentials: If you have a small coffee table in your space, take full advantage of it! Coffee tables are the perfect place to show off your seasonal touch. You can pick up a few used books that follow the pastel colour theme and add a small plant on top.
Transform Your WallsIf you’re feeling brave and bold, pick out a few paint samples based on the pastel colour scheme and redo your walls. Keep in mind that you may grow tired of the colours you choose after the season has ended. However, if you choose carefully, it’s possible that you’ll end up with a masterpiece. If you’d rather not invest time and money into completely changing the wall colours of your space, consider adding a statement wall or wallpaper to one side. Having a statement wall takes away the pressure of completely committing to one colour. If your home is an ordinary neutral, it’s easy for almost any colour to work well beside it.
Makeover your BathroomAn essential part of any space that is often overlooked is the bathroom. Spring is typically associated with light colours and freshness of the season. This is the perfect time to give your bathroom the revamp that it deserves! Here are a few ways you can boost up the brightness in your bathroom:
- Change The Hand Towels: If your towels are in visible sight to anyone that walks in, switch them to light colours that are appealing to the eye.
- Match Your Toothbrush Holder: It’s easy to just toss your toothbrush on the side of the sink but adding in a holder that matches your towels and bath rug will help bring together the look of the room.
- Add Wall Art: It may not come naturally to add wall art to your bathroom but it can make a world of a difference. Find affordable prints online that tie into the “Spring theme” and put them into neutral frames. Having a few graphics on the wall is a great way to redecorate.