What does it take to bring your wedding-day vision to life? Unlike what you may think…not much! You will soon find out how the littlest of things can make a huge difference and boost the wow factor of your wedding in a heartbeat. Here is a comprehensive list of stuff that’s often overlooked but will definitely steal impressions and make your wedding something to talk about for a really long time!
1. Altar & Church Door
The candid photos of you and your other half exchanging vows are precious so skimping on altar décor should not be on your list. It doesn’t have to be anything too fancy, though. Something simple, such as draping gauzy fabric or even sheers over a tree (or a super simple wooden construction as shown in the pic) in a wonderful natural setting is all you will need to create a heart-stopping effect.
Adding a swath of florals to the trim of the church’s door will help give a special touch.
2. Ceremony Setups
If you love rustic, then faux doors will probably steal your heart. They are becoming increasingly popular lately, and we can understand why! When placed at the foot of a ceremony, a vintage door is a whimsical touch and an excellent way to welcome guests.
For the romantic brides, florals limited to the top of your canopy will look great. If you can also tuck miniature branches of blooms into the sides, then the setup will be complete. Alternatively, you could ask for an orchid-covered archway. It will help create a more etheral look with the petals appearing as if they are magically floating in thin air. You can get the same fairytale setting by wrapping swaths of tulle around columns. Perfect for a garden scene!
For a more modern and glamorous look, try to place a floral half-arch on each side of the aisle and see how it looks!
Now, if you are a boho-chic style lover, garlands will help you add that wow factor you want.
Another idea that is gaining more and more attention is beaded curtains that are used to decorate the paveway or hung right at the spot where you say the I do’s.
Of course, lit-up mason jars never fail to impress and create a lovely ceremony ambiance.
With summer fast approaching and summer wedding preparations on fast-forward, many brides forget about the aisle runner. You can create your own red carpet experience with any material you wish. For example, beach weddings look amazing with straw runners.
Speaking of aisle décor, aisle markers also complement your aisle. For an elegant look, you can tie a satin ribbon on the posts of your aisle chairs (pick a color that matches the rest of the décor).
4. Guest Book
Time to get creative and make your guests want to sign your guest book by asking, for example, marriage tips! Anything out of the ordinary will spark your guests’ interest and allow you and your significant other to enjoy more than the standard well wishes. And, instead of a blank page book that you can see in every wedding, why not have popsicle sticks instead!
5. Table Numbers
Something simple such as personalizing your table numbers with, say, a photo of you and the groom in black and white, can be such fun! You may also want to add a different fun fact about the two of you per table. For example, table number 1 could have your picture and a fact that corresponds to that number, such as “1 number of dates before our first kiss”!
Save the costs on linens by covering the tables with mirrors. And, since almost all table settings consist of linens and dishware, you can make the difference and add accents to spruce them up (i.e. a ribbon and trim of greenery or paper butterfly as in the picture). If you don’t fancy linens, sequin tablecloths will probably tick your boxes. They are a fancy and affordable upgrade from the linens everybody uses and give your luxurious and chic look on the budget.
Now, when it comes to your napkin settings, why not fold yours like a pocket? They will not only be aesthetically pleasing to the eye but also hold your menu!
For your cocktail tables, you could make them more glamorous by adding a tie of twine around their middle part. A tie of lush greenery or even fabric will also look beautiful.
Finally, the little ones will love you if you leave a coloring book and some crayons at their tables to have fun!
Take your chairs from ordinary to fab with an off-center bow and a diagonal look. Tying a bow of fabric around their backs will do the job just fine. However, if bows are not your thing, you can run gauzy linens through their backs and create a dreamlike effect. As for your sweetheart chairs, they will look super charming with Mr. and Mrs. signs!
8. Guest Programs
The best way to make utmost use of the piece of paper used for the guests’ programs is to make sure it serves two purposes. For example, you can have programs with popsicle stick handles that your guests could use as a fan. Particularly handy if you are having an outdoor summer wedding!
- Fantastic Mediterranean Wedding Decoration Ideas.
- Impressive Decor Ideas for your Caribbean Wedding!
- Stunning Stage Decor for Indian Weddings!
9. Let there be Light!
Chandeliers add class and sparkle to any wedding reception. So, whether you choose a handful of a single statement one, you will definitely impress. If you are on a budget, you can use a vintage wrought-iron chandelier and drape it in string lights.
To transform the ambiance of your reception without spending much, you may also consider uplighting (a reception bathed by an orange glow is oh-so-romantic).
Finally, candles are a cost-effective and beautiful way to amp up any tablescape. Plus, you won’t have to arrange for costly centerpieces. The romantic glow of the candles will be all that’s needed!
Other ideas to make your wedding décor memorable!
1. Floating letters (i.e. “I Love You”!) in the pool (if your reception venue has one).
2. Box with sunscreen, bug spray, and hand sanitizers (for outdoor weddings).
3. Leave a camera (Polaroid) at a table so your guests can take a selfie. Then pin it up and create a visual guestbook!
4. Replace the escort cards with a seating chart (much cheaper, too!). You can use vintage window panes!
5. List the night’s menus on a sign rather than paper for a touch of charm.
6. Write your place cards on a tropical leaf in beautiful calligraphy.
7. Highlight your centerpieces and floral arrangement by using pinspotting.
8. Choose a sign you like and dress up a bare wall with it. It could be just one word or a saying of your affection!
9. Adorn your ceiling with greenery, lights, fabric or even pa pie-mache yarn globes that will also help conceal any tent poles of beams!
10. If you don’t want to pay for an open bar, you can have his and her cocktails and add a personal element to the wedding!
11. Swap the cake table out for an antique desk and let it shine! Add a marquee sign right over the table to complete the décor!
12. Instead of the so-yesterday bridegroom figurines, opt for cake toppers that reflect your personalities and make a statement.
13. If you don’t have the money to hire a photo booth, you can create one (i.e. an oversized Polaroid!) and let your guests have fun taking photos! For the shy ones, make sure you have something that they can hold, such as punny balloons!
14. Create a sign with the hashtag you have created to encourage your guests to use it!
15. Welcome sparklers instead of rice or confetti and shoot some amazing photos.
Got some more wedding decoration ideas that can steal impressions? Let us know!