There is no rules or right or wrong answers when it comes to painting your home, and this is the reason why most of us have a difficult time deciding what is/are the best colour(s). What one person may like another may dislike, so your decision will be subjective, and will be based on your personal preference. What we want to do is to give you some tips and pointers which can help you make a better decision than if you just went to the paint store and chose a colour right away.
1. Go to the paint store and bring multiple paint samples home with you. Do not make your decision at the store the first time you go! Look at these colours samples in the room you wish to pain at different times of the day. Sun light effects colours in many ways so try to look at your favourite colours in the morning, afternoon and at night with the light on. This will give you time to narrow down your favourite colours and to get rid of the ones that did not look as good.
2. If you want to use a dark colours but if it seems like it may overpower the room, try only painting one wall of the room with the dark colour and the other walls with more neutral, lighter colours. This will make your room look brighter, more interesting and creative, while allowing you to use a bold colour that you love.
3. Accessories, such as candles, paintings, pictures, vases, decorative plates, or flowers can help you bring a variety of colours into your home and can really make rooms more enjoyable and comfortable to spend time in. There are many places where you can purchase unique home accessories, both online and offline. Be careful when shopping online because the colours will look different on different monitors so you may buy something that may not be the same colour as you thought. Your best bet is to locate some interior decor stores where you can physically see these items. If you are located in the GTA Prestige Decorating has a large variety of unique home accessories that may fit perfectly into your rooms.
4. You can also paint some of your old furniture, picture frames, or home accessories which can help you match the colour you wish to paint your room with, all at a low cost. Matching is essential and this is a great way to match colours in your home.
5. Finally, if you still can not decide on the colours for your home it would be wise to get some professional advice. You can either call several local painting companies which can help you choose the right colour or even better you can consult a local interior decorator or designer. These professionals have extensive experience with matching colours and they can help you choose the perfect paint or combination of paints for your home. At Prestige Decor Fabric & Window Treatments we offer a shop at home service where a professional interior decorator comes to your home and gives you expert advice. You can visit our website by clicking on interior decor services. Prestige decorating also has a large selection of drapery fabrics and we are one of the few fabric stores in Mississauga and surrounding Toronto area which can help you not only choose the right fabric for your draperies, but they can also help you choose from a variety of window covering styles, drapery fabrics, high quality furniture, home accessories, and much more related to interior decor.
Hopefully our tips and pointers helped you in some way and made you more aware of how easy and fun adding colour to your home can be.