Reading Time: 4 minutesChoosing the right window treatment for your home, office, conference room, restaurant or any other commercial facility is nothing close to easy. With so many things to consider, it truly is a challenging task! However, of all the window treatments available right now for commercial use, solar shades seem to be one of the most suited window treatment choices for commercial locations, especially if they are made from high-quality materials that help provide increased durability, efficiency, and cleanability, besides UV, glare, and heat control. Solar screen roller shades also contribute significantly to the overall performance of the organization and building in the areas of comfort, safety, user experience, and energy usage. So, no matter the industry you are involved in, roller shades comprise an excellent window treatment option. Now, every facility has different window treatment requirements. For example: 1. Healthcare and Hospital Window Treatments have to:
- Have fabrics according to the Health Care standards.
- Provide both daylight and privacy (i.e. translucent shades, room darkening shades, or solar screen shades).
- Be antimicrobial, fire retardant, and meet the safety standards required (i.e. child safety).
- Control various scenarios, such as shared spaces, single rooms, and building level control.
- Provide efficient glare control for the common areas and classrooms alike.
- Be appropriate for audio-visual requirements (i.e. blackout shades).
- Meet he safety standards (i.e. be fire retardant and child safe).
- Be easily cleanable and long-lasting.
- Provide a visual connection with the outside environment.
- Provide sufficient glare control in the work setting(s).
- Offer audio-visual blackout (i.e. solar screens).
- Meet various scenarios, ranging from individual offices to building integration (if necessary).
- Help save energy (i.e. high-performance solar shades).
- Provide efficient light filtering and privacy (i.e. dual shades).
- Meet the needs of the organization, be it for audio-visual blackout or meeting room/ballroom privacy.
- Meet all control scenarios for management and guests.
- Make patrons feel comfortable.
- Be attractive (there are custom printing options, too, for that reason) and durable.
- Contribute to reducing energy costs.
- Maintain a connection to the outside environment (i.e. not blocking the view).
- Provide sufficient glare control for service people and patrons alike.
- Offer the ideal setting with proper light and ambiance control.
- Protect the furniture and other merchandize from the sun’s UV rays.
- Provide extra signage, if required (i.e. printed shades).
- Meet all control scenarios for groups of shades or single shades.
Best Office and Conference Room Window TreatmentsIt is absolutely paramount for commercial window treatments to be stylish, look good, and be able to work hard to establish a tone and infuse the professionalism required. Solar shade window treatments are not only durable but also functional and aesthetically pleasing. That aside, they also provide visual comfort, energy efficiency, work satisfaction, daylight benefits and many more. According to research, inefficient energy management can lead to office energy expenses that could have otherwise been avoided. It should be noted that the facilities management burden can be reduced in every business setting. Solar shades can also provide increased productivity and comfort. Undoubtedly, it is next to impossible to work with glare on your computer screen or in your eyes. However, if you manage to control glare, you are actually helping your employee concentrate on the task at hand, which, in turns leads to increased satisfaction within the workplace (this is considered to be one of the contributing factors to increased productivity). This is exactly what solar shades do: cut glare on media screens and computers and help improve the image quality, clerical work, and design, without depriving the employee (or yourself) from window view. If you can get your hands on high-performance and top quality solar shades, you will understand the difference. Some providers have solar screen fabrics tested based on their (1) visible light transmission, and (2) shading coefficient. This means that the amount of solar energy allowed to pass through a combination of fabric and glass is controlled, and the same applies to the percentage of solar heat gain. You only choose the right fabric (and color) for your organization and what will best meet the demands of the individual room, function of the application, and exposure.
Solar Window Shades are Ideal for:
Ideal Window Treatment for Conference RoomsNo one can argue that media has not become an integral part of our daily routine, especially in such a high tech world like ours. As previously mentioned, solar screen window treatments are perfect options when you want to manage glare for a computer screen. But, what happens when you want the same glare for a group media or even a large screen scenario? This is when you need blackout shades to provide optimized light management in rooms with dual duties. For some kinds of media (i.e. viewing industry-specific activities), ambient light can be extremely overpowering. The best alternative is to install a combination of solar shades and blackout shades in a single window. That way, you will give a good solution, when both ambient light control and darkening are required. Just choose your blackout fabrics and solar screen fabrics carefully to have the functionality you want per ANY scenario! Note: You may also want to try an audio-visual blackout shade system that will help reduce light leakage with the use of sill channels and side tracks. For some conference and school applications, though, it might be better to have trackless shades to let some light enter the room. This should allow participants to take some notes if necessary. Blackout Window Shades are an excellent option for:
- Conference Rooms
- Hotel Rooms
- Screening Rooms
- Video Training Areas